How to Buy a Used Car in Hawaii
When buying a used car in Hawaii, it is ideal to do in-depth research. In order to find out which car fits your budget, take a look at your spending range. Once you have established your financial plan, consider the options available to you and choose one that meets your needs.
Places to buy a used car
- Search the local newspaper for people selling cars in Hawaii. Oahu has a military base, which creates a large used car market when people leave the island.
- Used cars can also be purchased from a private dealer and/or through online used car websites, such as Craigslist, CarGurus, and eBay Motors. want to buy a car online in Hawaii?.click here to explore the top 10 used car websites in Hawaii.
These are the dealers who only have used car dealerships in Hawaii. Ensure you do a sufficient amount of research into a vendor before you make a purchase.
Top Used Car Dealership in Hawaii
- Hertz Car Sales Honolulu
- The Car Shop Hawaii
- Autozilla car buying center
- Choice Automotive
- Big Island Toyota
Documents Required when buying a car in Hawaii
You must complete some paperwork in order to title and register your vehicle in Hawaii. You will need certain documents from the seller in order to complete these applications, such as the title and the bill of sale.
A dealer will likely handle the paperwork for you if you buy your vehicle from them.
However, if you are buying a car from a private seller in Hawaii, you will need specific documents to transfer ownership. The following are some of them:
- The seller and you must sign the bill of sale.
- You must pay the fees for your vehicle, which vary depending on the type, location, and price of the vehicle
- The seller and you must also sign some sections of the title, and these parts include the odometer reading, the seller’s name, and signature, and, if applicable, the lienholder information.
- From the seller, ask for a safety certificate and registration card.
- Make sure there is no registration stopper on the vehicle before paying.
After buying a car in Hawaii, You will need to take it to the Hawaii Vehicle Registration office within 30 days to register and title it.