Detroit is known as the largest city in the mid-western state of Michigan. Being the most populous city in the United States, Detroit also provides several beautiful destinations for its tourists to devour. Detroit is also celebrated for its music contribution and haven of art as the city is full of beautiful infrastructure with the background of historical automotive.
In this article, you will find some exciting places to visit while you are planning your trip to Detroit. You can find cheap flights to Detroit so that you save on your flights and spend on your vacation.
Detroit Institute of Arts
- The Detroit Institute of Arts is known as the representative of man’s aesthetic creations that has been going on for centuries now.
- You will see a collection of about 65,000 artworks worth capturing your eyes. In the 100 galleries or more you will confront the exclusive and artistic pieces from Africa, Oceania and the Indigenous Americas.
- Also, you will see awe-inspiring collections from medieval Europe and strictly American art and culture.
- The most attractive masterpieces you never want to miss are- European Painting, self-portraits by Van Gogh, Matisse and Picasso.
- Motown Museum also referred to as Hitsville USA is known for its well-known sign.
- A small gravel crushed building which has been occupied by the studio from 1957 to 1972.
- This is the museum where the famous Motown Sound was officially recorded.
- The museum allows the visitors to see these recordings, literally, and some other recordings as well.
So, when you start looking for flights to Detroit, make sure you include this destination in your “must-visit places” list.
The Ford Piquette Avenue Plant
- Model T was born in The Ford Piquette Avenue Plant and revolutionized the automotive industry.
- This building is also known for its National Historic Landmark, which was the center of manufacturing of the, then, world’s most popular car.
- Tourists are cordially welcomed to take a stroll through the plant.
- The Experimental Room inside the plant is the most exciting place to visit as it was the actual place where Ford and his team gave birth to some revolutionizing ideas.
Detroit Historical Museum
- On any flight booking page you will find cheap flights to Detroit, once you have booked your flight and reached this beautiful destination called Detroit, do not forget to visit the Detroit Historical Museum if you want to revisit the history.
- The exhibition includes detailed information about the role and significance of the city’s factory and the people of Detroit during World War II.
- The museum is especially dedicated to the celebration of the exciting and unveiled past of Detroit.
After reading about these beautiful locations, you would know how much you are missing. But do not worry, open your search engine and look for cheap flights to Detroit and visit this fascinating place as soon as possible.